Our guiding principle and philosophy is to try cleaning the information space, as we realize that the dangers of fake news and fake narrative remains under-appreciated, which has potential to cause lasting damage to the fabric of society, for scoring short term brownie points or limited political goals. To this end, we need to engage with other stake holders, both online and real life. Given the complex layering and competing interests and agenda, this becomes as pernicious place to navigate, and hence we are trying to formulate some basic rules of engagement.
Following are some of the basic do’s and don’ts that we strive to follow in our social media engagements, and we expect others to adhere to this guideline for engaging with us as well as for any opinions/ differences they may have with us:
- We do not respond or engage any name calling, abuses, or accusations, and insinuations without evidences. Being an OSINT platform, we value evidence, and we expect the same from others. There will also be no engagement with the handle who uses abusing words against anyone, and particularly against any woman in any context whatsoever even if the people stand exposed by us.
- We would strive to respond to all questions that are raised either on the content, methodology, or the data set that we are using, and we are open to scrutiny on this line. We usually do not attribute motives to anyone, and we try to only put forth facts that we observe. It is for others to find the interpretations.
- We are open to receiving inputs and leads, but we would entertain any input only if there is evidence attached or indicated.
- It is to reiterate that we are not merely a fact-check platform, and hence we do not have time and resources to check individual facts, and hence we may not be able to engage/ respond to fact-check requests or content. There is already number of platforms doing a good job in this aspect. We engage only if we find there is a pattern and it is an orchestrated campaign with an objective of Info War/ Psy-War.
- We do not and engage with any domestic political discourse, unless there is a coordinated disinformation campaign.